July 2, 2009 by Shannon
This is a perfect patriotic parfait for the Fourth of July holiday. It is kid-friendly, healthy, and most of all — fun! What kid doesn’t like to eat food in the shape of a star?
What you’ll need:
- Nonfat or lowfat vanilla yogurt
- Clear plastic 9 oz. tumblers
- Star-shaped cookie cutter
- Slice the watermelon into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Use a small, star-shaped cookie cutter (they are sometimes sold as fondant cutters) to press out several star shapes from the watermelon round. You’ll need four per cup.
- Place the stars along the sides of the cup, so that you can see their shape while holding the cup.
- Put a dollop of yogurt (a heaping tablespoon) in the center of the cup. The yogurt will spread and press against the stars just enough to hold them up against the sides.
- Put a generous handful of blueberries on top of the yogurt layer.
- Top with more yogurt, and add another star shape or two for garnish.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!